W E ‘ R E H I R I N G
WORK WITH US
Job Title: Travel Ambassador (FULL TIME PAID POSITION)
Black Girls Travel Too is excited to announce we are expanding our team! We are currently looking for highly motivated individuals to lead our many global experiences through our Travel Ambassador Program. As a Travel Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to join a BGTT Experience and provide the ultimate support for Experiencers. In short, you will be responsible for leading our curated experiences and providing on-site support to our Experiencers throughout the entire trip. If you have a passion for travel, love meeting new people and are extremely organized, we are looking for you!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Confirm all trip details, including lodging and excursions prior to group arrival.
- Managing airport transfers.
- Provide superb customer service throughout the entire Experience, from welcoming each Experiencer and ensuring they are your maintain priority throughout the experience.
- Creating and delivering welcome bags.
- Act as the main point of contact and group manager during Experiences.
- Build brand awareness via social media pages.
- Research activities for future Experiences.
- Build and maintain relationships with local vendors.
- Encourage social cohesion within the group
- Set and maintain a positive tone at all times during Experience.
- Continually increase your knowledge about BGTT Experience locations, including detailed knowledge of sights, restaurants, souvenirs, etc, to provide sound advice to Experiencers for optional activities.
- Develop and maintain a system of information sources and contacts that can be of assistance when required during the experience.
- Address Experiencers’ directly with their issues and concerns, ensuring that customer satisfaction is effectively achieved.
- Ensure the established travel itinerary as closely as possible, making changes only when necessary.
- Maintain daily expenditure accounts, retain receipts and keep expenses within the trip budget provided.
- Provide a follow-up report for each trip, notating success and challenges.
Qualification and Skills:
- Maintain a valid passport.
- Must speak English ( Bilingual is a Bonus)
- Customer service oriented, putting Experiencer needs first!
- Have a passion for travel.
- Love meeting and engaging with new people.
- Creative problem solver – able to address unpredictable issues in a calm and collected manner.
- Natural leader with great people management skills who is comfortable navigating different personalities while managing the overall group dynamic.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required (up to 24-32 weeks per year).
- Great communicator, both oral and written.
- Possess ability to be both a team player and to work independently.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Commitment to environmentally and culturally responsible tourism.
- Tech savvy with proficiency in web browsing, social media, email and GPS navigational tools.
- Must own a smartphone.
- Must be teachable, trainable, and coachable.
- Must be physically active.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Working knowledge of Google and Microsoft product.
- Working knowledge of Basecamp is a plus.
***This application requires submitting a video. Estimated time of completion is between 12 to 15 minutes.***